The Board meets on the first and third Monday of each month. Meetings begin at 1:00 p.m. and are held in the department conference room at 65 Lafayette Ave, Littleton. Board meetings are open to the public and time is allotted for public comments at each meeting.
The regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners (BOC) meeting began at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, December 19, 2011 in the Littleton Water and Light Department (LWL) conference room. Present were Commissioner Eddy Moore, Commissioner Perry Goodell and Commissioner Ralph Ross, Financial Services Director Cheryl Wilkins, Operations Manager Richard Herrington and Superintendent Thomas Considine.
The minutes of December 5, 2011 regularly scheduled Commissioners meeting were reviewed. Commissioner Moore made a motion to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by Commissioner Ross.
The vote was in favor 3-0-0.
SUPERINTENDENT/ MANAGERS REPORT:
1. The NH Local Government Center Property Liability Trust sent a check less deductible in the amount of $3,028 to cover the cost of replacing the snow plow stolen from the Westside Substation. LGC-PLT claim GC038909 is closed.
2. Works on the new front office renovations are progressing on target, and a mid- January occupation of the renovated front office space is anticipated. Dodge Contracting has shifted their main work effort toward the existing ladies restroom and converting it into a barrier free facility. In addition to work on the restroom work to complete the ceiling and floor to the back corridor will be accomplished . Work on the restroom and corridor is in addition to the original office contract.
3. Ms. Kathryn Cox and Mr. William Malee, representatives of National Grid Transmission Company met with LWL to discuss LWL concerns relative to system reliability on Tuesday, December 13, 2011. The meeting was prompted as direct result of a letter (dated July 20. 2011 by Richard Herrington) sent to National Grid by LWL. The letter requesting and explanation as to why there was a long response time realized during several recent town wide outages. A letter of explanation is expected from National Grid that will address the concerns discussed at the meeting and procedures and suggested protocol to mitigate future occurrences.
1. A draft copy of a proposed LWL policy that governs Net Metering Systems was distributed to the BOC for review and comment. The policy will address how renewable energy generation systems are interconnected to the LWL distribution system.
2. Superintendent Considine discussed the bid proposals received to replace LWL truck 799 (Bucket Truck) with the BOC. Though Altec Industries was the apparent low bidder the vehicle proposed does not appear to be in accordance with the bid specification provided. The department recommends that the contract for the new line truck be award to the Kiley Company pending the final review of the bid documents.
The BOC is in agreement that the contract needs to be awarded to the company that most closely meets the specifications as requested by LWL during the solicitation for bids. A formal award decision is expected to be made at the next regular BOC meeting on January 3, 2012.
3. The BOC discussed the 2012 Operating and Maintenance budget projection for both the water and electric divisions. The BOC requested that the department realign the electric unbundled tariff structure to reflect the proper alignment of revenues to expenses. A significant savings in wholesale energy costs are expect which is the direct result of the termination of several “over market” contracts. Transmission expenses are expected to increasing significantly again in 2012 reflecting the impact due to demand congestion. Increased costs in distribution expenses are mostly attributed to the rise in employee wages and health insurance premiums.
Commissioner Ross made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by
The vote was in favor 3-0-0.
Meeting adjourned at 2:20 p.m.
The regularly scheduled Commissioner’s meeting is held twice monthly on the first and third Monday, at 1:00 p.m., in the Department’s conference room.