The Board meets on the first and third Monday of each month. Meetings begin at 1:00 p.m. and are held in the department conference room at 65 Lafayette Ave, Littleton. Board meetings are open to the public and time is allotted for public comments at each meeting.
The regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners (BOC) meeting began at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 in the Littleton Water and Light Department (LWL) conference room. Present were Commissioner Ralph Ross, Commissioner Eddy Moore, Commissioner Perry Goodell, Financial Services Director Cheryl Wilkins and Superintendent Thomas Considine.
The minutes of August 17, 2009 regularly scheduled Commissioners meeting were reviewed. Commissioner Goodell made a motion to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by Commissioner Moore.
The vote was in favor 3-0-0.
FINANCIAL DIRECTORS REPORT:
1. Mrs. Wilkins reviewed the financial statements for the month ending July 2009 with the Commissioners. Several discrepancies as compared to budget were discussed and explained by Mrs. Wilkins. Load (sales) are still trending downward about six (6) percent below 2008 in both water and electric.
2. A new debit/credit card machine was installed recently at the front counter that complies with the federal consumer protection policies for processing electronic payment. The new machine places an “X” on the printed receipt where the debit/credit card account number appears and does not print the card expiration date.
3. Two (2) electronic bill-paying options will soon be available to LWL customers: Automatic Clearing House (ACH) transactions and web payments. LWL customers can authorize LWL to automatically withdraw their monthly invoiced amount from their bank account or opt to do it themselves via a link on the LWL web page. Office procedures need to be refined and further trial testing conducted prior to full implementation.
SUPERINTENDENT/ MANAGERS REPORT:
1. Two (2) of the salvaged aluminum street light poles from Main Street have been sold to date to local Littleton residents. Until additional poles are removed from the project no more are currently available at this time.
2. FairPoint Communications was ahead of their proposed schedule (August 30, 2009) completion date on Grove Street. All the old poles were removed from the sidewalk area.
3. Office renovations are progressing. The electrical panels at the end of the hall were relocated upstairs, which will allow access to the proposed new lobby via a central hallway. LWL employees completed all work in a very professional manner. The relocation of the computer and conference rooms are the next phase of the total office renovation. Additional circuits will be installed to accommodate the relocated computer room and mail processing equipment in the existing conference room. A meeting with the architect is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9, 2009 to modify the proposed floor plan.
4. Soil borings will be taken this week for the foundation design of the proposed new one (1) million gallon closed reservoir on School Street. State Representative Mr. Brien Ward, via a telephone conversation with Tom suggested that the LWL solicit stimulus funding from Senator Gregg’s office when the projects costs have been determined.
Commissioner Goodell asked what the tests results were from the retest/degassing of the transformer at Westside substation.
Superintendent Considine stated that they have not received the results to date.
Commissioner Moore updated the BOC in regard to the on going projects within the town of Littleton: 1) The new generator at the police department was recently installed, with the exception of finishing the curbing adjacent to the roadway the project is competed, 2) WMUR-TV (Manchester, NH) is suppose to install a camera on a Main Street building near the Pleasant Street intersection pointed westerly. WMUR will tie into the camera from time to time for weather updates or on various other occasions at their discretion.
Commissioner Moore made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by
The vote was in favor 3-0-0.
Meeting adjourned at 2:10 p.m.
The regularly scheduled Commissioner’s meeting is held twice monthly on the first and third Monday, at 1:00 p.m., in the Department’s conference room.